A Team You Can rely on
Ever wonder how a company with team members across the country keep it all together? Our team at Campus Cooks, whether at the home office in Wheeling, IL or working out in the field at campuses across the country, are experienced and well-seasoned in the industry, and this didn’t happen by chance.
What does it mean for you?
You might not cross paths with them everyday, but our team is behind each one of our achievements:
- Regional Supervisors: 75% of our Regional Supervisors live within a 60-minute drive of campus. They are on-site to oversee the operations, handle special events, and continually develop the chef.
- Procurement Manager: works to find the best food vendors to meet our clients’ needs, and works to negotiate the best pricing for those products.
- Human Resources: manages all personnel, the recruiting of new employees, the training of all new employees, and day-to-day HR functions.
- Finance Department: ensures that vendors are paid and monitor expenditures
- Operations Team: the Operations Managers lead the team of Regional Supervisors and provide a home office contact for chapter leadership.
- Technology: technology helps our staff of 200+ nationwide stay connected to each other, manages the day-to-day operations of our mobile app, and all internal systems.
Their hard work is present in everything we do, but don’t take our word for it, read some of our customer testimonials.
meet the Campus Cooks team
BILL REEDER, PRESIDENTAfter enduring years of poor food quality, cost overruns, attendance issues, and theft in his own fraternity’s kitchen, Bill realized there was a need for a better Greek food service company. With the skills and experience that made him successful in the financial services industry he has grown the operation to serve over 140 chapters in multiple states. Bill is a member of Illinois Alpha’s Hall of Fame and currently serves on its housing corporation board.
SUSAN ZEITZ, DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCESOne would think a background consisting exclusively of Human Resource Management would mean an individual lacks interest for the hospitality industry. Au contraire! Susan has been a part of the hospitality industry for over twenty years. From Hyatt to Brunswick, she knows service (and like any service industry professional, food is always involved at some point). Susan ensures all employee and staffing liabilities are covered and that we maintain our position as staffing the best chefs possible.
TROY LEONARD, DIRECTOR OF FINANCETroy joined Campus Cooks in January 2017, and brings over 28 years of experience in the Food and Beverage industry. He was immediately drawn to Campus Cooks’ values and passion for strong kitchen management and superior meal service – and strengthening the Greek experience. He is excited to be part of this incredible brand. As a native of Pittsburgh, he still roots for his beloved Pittsburgh sports teams.
WILLIAM WOHLT, DIRECTOR OF FIELD OPERATIONSWill joined Campus Cooks in 2015 as a Regional Supervisor, and brings over 25 years of experience in the Food and Beverage industry. His love of food was inspired at the feet of his mother in her family kitchen. Her love of fresh food straight from the garden and amazing baked products opened his eyes to what food could be. He was later inspired by 20-30 years of international travel and living in an Indian household. His favorite thing to do is to shop the farmers market each Saturday and cook a weekly family dinner inspired by that day’s purchase for his wife, kids, grand-kids and anyone else who shows up.
JAMES SWANSON, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
James started with Campus Cooks back in 2007. However, he did take a little break from the company for a couple of years. During that time, he maintained communication with Bill Reeder and when an opportunity in North Carolina came up, he jumped right at it. James’ balance of hard work and maintaining a fun and inviting environment led him to help grow several campuses along the East Coast.
meet our partners
Kitchen Management: It’s Not Your Problem Anymore. Here is your opportunity to meet a few of them, below.